Friday, April 16, 2010

Happy/Muddled

As I pulled into Havant bus station this evening (yes the bus driving lessons are going swimmingly, thanks for asking) I looked out to find a man sat on one of the benches. I was wearing a sharp dark blue pin-striped suit (is that hyphened? I'm not sure) He has a briefcase by his side, a copy of the financial times, very shiny shoes...and a happy meal!
~*~
He was ACTUALLY munching away on a small flat burger that he took from the brightly coloured box next to his briefcase. In my mind, he'd taken out the gherkin. In my mind, he was wondering what the toy was supposed to do. I hope he enjoyed it.
~*~
Is that the point? I don't really know. I'm in a muddle a the moment. I'm very busy, very tired, very here-there-and-everywhere. And do you know what? I'm loving it. I'm loving my new job. I'm loving being in charge, I'm loving the way I'm spending my free time.
~*~
That's the point, We've arrived at the point, cue the trumpets!!! hurrah!
~*~
The crucible. This play is no less that absolutely fan-blinking-tastic, with a cherry on top. The cast are wonderful, Miss Director is legendary. and the play has made me push all my boundaries. Whether it be my confidence, my diction, my acting in general, Arthur Miller has written a play that has made me want to work so hard I ache. In one part of the play, I left the stage shaking from the adrenaline. It's awesome. I LOVE IT
~*~
Now, that boy. Oh that boy. I miss him. But I'm so proud of him. Check out the York theatre royal Website. My Mr McBride is a cast member of the classic play 'The seagull'.At this very moment he's on stage on his opening night. God I wish I was there cheering in the audience.
~*~
This has been a rather mish-mash post. Like I said, I'm happy muddled.

No comments: