Sunday, January 23, 2011

Train Journeys SUCK!

This train is full of noisy people!
~*~
I'm on my way back home (Glasgow) after spending a week back home (Portsmouth). I'm on the quiet carriage yet all around me are families with small children, people rabbiting on mobiles and people with their iPod's up too loud. There's a tweed jacket a couple of seats down from me whose tutting very loudly at the noise. At one point he actually stood up and held his phone up to show the guy opposite (who as on his phone chatting.) He then proceeds to tell him that it was a mobile free zone. For a moment i thought he was a legend but then he turned to me.
~*~
'And you shouldn't be listening to that either!'
~*~
Cheeky bugger. O.K I admit I have got my music on but there's something wrong with the scenario.
Can anyone else here Noah And The Whale? No
Can everyone hear your loud unnecessary comment? Yes. Whose the noisy one now? Prat!
~*~
So I'm in Preston. It's grey outside and I've had about 8 hours sleep in the past 4 nights. Let's just say 'm not to happy. I've had a fabulous week though. A few small anecdotes you ask? Why in the hell not.
~*~
Whilst playing Trivial Pursuit
Steffi: Hmm, A British composer? erm...Well there's Robbie Williams...
~*~
Opening the door to the Phone Delivery Guy whilst in my pyjamas.
PDG: Crikey, I wish my Missus looked like that in the morning!
~*~
Playing 'Stand Up' with Finchy on a train between Chichester and Fratton. trying my hardest no stand still without holding the hand rail. I suck at this game but to my defence I was facing away from the direction of travel. Finchy assures me this is NOT a valid excuse.
~*~
Getting Gary to try on stupid hats and taking photos.
~*~
Dancing with my favourite people until the early hours of the morning.
~*~
Being told I look healthy. I've lost wait. I look good. I seem well. I look beautiful. I've told these people it's not true but they will not be told. It's heartwarming to see that all these people that you've left behind are genuinely pleased to see you when you return.
~*~
Now it's back to Glasgow. Back to my job and of course back to the boy.
~*~
Now if only I could get people to move up with me. Relocate and bring the Wedgewood Rooms with them.
~*~
Oh well, another world...

1 comment:

Baldy Bastard said...

I love the PDG guy!! Best thing to say, ever! :)