Sunday, May 08, 2011

Curiosity Killed The Charles

So, I'm a tad bit bored and I open up my lap top.
Do you ever do that thing where you just type in your own name into the Google search?
~*~
Now I don't type in my real name because the last time I did that, a picture of a grave stone was the first image result. That spooked me a wee bit I'll admit. Instead I wrote Ms McFarley. My OTHER name. The one people call me more often it would seem. I remember a friend once said to me 'I was trying to find you in my facebook friends the other day and I couldn't find you. Then I remembered that your surname isn't actually McFarley.'
~*~
The usual came up, twitter account, my blog, my ebay. All under the same name. Then I came across a website called 123people. This was the website that scared me. Well, it didn't scare me so much as make me think 'Spooky!'
~*~
It knows I was 'minx like' in Closer. It knows I have a picture of me with Mickey Mouse as my profile pic and it also knows I tweet Philip Schofield. But that's nothing compared to the 'Tag Cloud'! The 'Tag Cloud' is a small box filled with random words that are linked to me. Now some of them are linked to other people with a similar name (At least that's what I hope) but some... Well
~*~
Martin, Corrigan, Bench, Damon, Terry, Actor,
~*~
Now I know that's not amazing but It makes me look at the page then around the room thinking 'They're everywhere, they're spying on me!'
~*~
Then again, I also have the word 'lumber' in there.
~*~
But, just as I get over this and go back to google, I come across this

Fungus home remedies for vaginitis
From: MsMcFarley (Charley Callaway) Retweet! Less than a minute ago. Complete resource providing free work at home jobs online, careers, ...
~*~
Now, the website has apparently been suspended but that doesn't stop me from wondering if I've been
a: Hacked
b: Blogging in my sleep
c: suffering from a weird fungal disease which has given me amnesia.
~*~
Curiosity isn't a good thing. Neither is paranoia!

No comments: