Friday, March 23, 2012

Hey World!

Yes, I'm still alive!
(I know)
~*~
Sorry for the lack of posts, I've been somewhat busy over the last couple of months. I won't say too much, just the old cliche...
~*~
... So there's this boy...
~*~
I'm not going to say too much. But just so you're aware, 'Cricket' will probably be making more and more appearances in these coming posts. You have been made aware.
~*~
Onto important news... Being domestic.
~*~
1: Shopping.:~ I'm in the middle of what we call 'The Big Shop' and I'm standing in the non food section. I've picked up sponges and washing powder and now I need loo roll. Only now do I realise that I've been stationary for no less than four minutes staring at the wall of soft paper with a purpose.
Why is it necessary to have so many different toilet rolls? Do I want triple ply? Patterned? Peach? Pack of four for £3? 12 for £78? (OK so the last one wasn't true.) I look up and down the aisle and notice about five other women, all looking at the wall of paper with the same perplexed look. Since when was it this difficult to buy something that's going to hang on the wall an end up in the north sea?
~*~
Whilst we're on the subject, am I the only person who has a 'way' of hanging my toilet roll (I feel we've hit and all time blog low) 
I always have it so that the 'end' hangs closest to me and not next to the wall. Is that something anyone else does? Or is it some weird OCD I have? Like folding crisp packets, or tucking my hair behind my ear?
~*~
2: Decorating:~ I'm in the process of decorating my kitchen. Over the past week (Cricket is in Australia) I have scrapped the paint of of my tiles one by one. For some reason my whole flat has been painted beige. (Maybe there was a wholesale deal on magnolia in B and Q) and that includes my kitchen tiles. So every evening, after dinner, I turn on Absolute 80's on the radio and take on the used-to-be-white-then-blue-but-are-now-beige tiles one by one. 
~*~
3: Sorting out clothes:~ anyone in nee of any clothes sized 8-10? I have a massive bundle. Let me know. Ta.
~*~
4: Everything else:~ I can now cook, bake, unclog u-bends, change fuses, sew, knit, play ukulele, (that's not a domestic thing, just a blag) hang pictures, clean ovens and customise furniture, all the while sporting something polka dot and singing a song from the 80's. I am a domestic goddess.
~*~
I'll blog again by the end of the weekend.
~*~
I promise it will have more substance than this one. 

No comments: