Monday, March 26, 2012

Random Acts Of Kindness

A couple of days before Mothers Day, a guy came into my shop and walked straight up to me.
"Can you help out a guy who loves his mother but is down to his last £35?"
"What do you need?"
"That Mum locket at £37.50."
"I can't let it go for any cheaper I'm afraid, the system won't let me."
The guy rummages through his pocket and finds another £1.50. He's still a pound short
"You're still a pound short, I'm really sorry but I physically can't do it."
"Is there anything you can do?"
He has a pretty face.
I go to my OWN purse and take out a pound coin. I hand it over.
"Now this is from my own purse so think yourself lucky."
"You're a diamond. You really are, I won't forget this. When i have money again I shall return with a gift for you."
"You don't have to, it's only a pound, But I do like diamonds."
He winks at me and smiles and after the transaction, is on his way.
~*~
My Random Act Of Kindness.
~*~
Today I have a day off but pop into work to see the girls. Waiting for me is a chocolate egg with my name on it and a Thank You card.
I don't really know what to say about it. Apparently he seemed really sincere when he gave it in. Bless him. I gave him a pound, that was all, And now there is literally a chocolate egg on my coffee table with my name on it.
~*~
You see, You give a little love and it all comes back to you. 

No comments: