Tuesday, November 17, 2009

walking, innit!

Bet you were starting to lose hope weren't you?
~*~
Never fear, for I am back! hurrah!!!
~*~
I'm back already I'm diving into deep and meaningful stuff (kinda)
I met Steffi at lunch time today so we could go to Ted Baker and buy a lovely dress for a lovely ladies lovely birthday party. I walked into town, partly because I felt fit, but mainly because I am poor and have zero money.
~*~
As I walked through North End, I looked around me. I seemed to be dodging buggies pushed by teenagers, moving for chavs (who seem to find it impossible to keep their arms by their sides) watching girls in clothes two sizes too small cram chips into their faces. I looked at these people, the people who live around me and thought 'I just don't fit in in the city anymore'
~*~
There I am, walking tall, listening to Thin Lizzy, Wearing a cherry coke t-shirt, jeans and a blazer, sporting a beaten pair of Converses and a three dots beside each eye. I felt like such an odd one out. All around me was trackie bottoms, side pony tails, the word 'innit', screaming babies desperate to be heard over their swearing mothers, and an overwhelming smell of chip fat.
~*~
Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that everyone I passed gave off this effect, I was just drawn to these people. People who obviously wanted the attention (why else would you tuck your trousers into your socks?. They looked at me like i was a freak for not having massive hooped earrings. They looked at me like I was crazy for having the ability to close my mouth when I've finished talking, They looked at me like I didn't belong.
~*~
I don't think I, moreover, I don't think I want to
~*~
I seem to be living in a part of Portsmouth where the C word is used as punctuation. It's 'well cool' to have an ASBO and 'you ain't no one if you done good at school' Well forgive me for having a go at my life. Excuse me if I don't have a child in tow. Sorry if I upset you because I can talk properly if I need to.
~*~
I need to get out of this place!

No comments: