Sunday, November 29, 2009

All You Need Is Love

It's December on Tuesday!!!!!!!
~*~
It's wierd, I remember writing a very similar opening line around this time last year. A year has gone! where has that time gone? Oh right...
~*~
Work * Closer* Taming Of The Shrew * Mr McBride * Scotland * Wales * Charity Walks * Sleepovers * Stock Takes * Trips To Thrapston * What The Butler Saw * Grandad * Weddings * New Babies * Long Good Byes * Count Downs * Club Nights * Blogging.
~*~
It's been a very busy and 'uppy downy' year. As I propel myself into Christmas time (now officially renamed McBridey Time!) I've done that whole 'What have you done' moment and realised that this year has been pretty monumental.
~*~
McBride's sister got married ~ The day I cried about 20 times. I even cried over how cute the cupcakes were. It was such a happy day.
Grandad ~ Well, you know the story there
Baby Wakelin ~ And all her hair!
Missing out on a promotion at work ~ And not being told until The other guy was in the business and I was on holiday
Mr McBride getting into drama school ~ And still keeping so bloody humble about it
Mr McBride being a million miles away ~ This still scares me every now and then.
Closer and Taming Of The Shrew ~ My first two 'grown up' roles.
Jamie Archer being voted out of X Factor ~ OK, so that's not really a major point in the year or indeed my life...but still.
~*~
It was the last night of What The Butler Saw last night. I looked around the arts centre and saw all these faces. Each of them smiling, laughing, singing, living life. I had spent most of Saturday serving angry people (Christmas cheer not quite kicked in with them yet) then standing at a bus stop for 30 minutes in the poring rain. So when I got the The Arts Centre (Sorry, The Spring!) I got my hugs, I heard the laughter and I felt all that anger I'd felt earlier in the day dissolve.
~*~
These people in this room I was standing in were keeping me going. Making each day that went past without my wonderful Mr McBride more fun filled. I've always felt that my friends are a lifeline, But last night, as we stood around, all singing along to The Beatles. I thought to myself
~*~
'These people are beautiful.'
~*~
Sorry, this has become a very gooey, soft centre post. I think the Quality Streets I've opened have has a chocolaty effect on my typing.
~*~
Last night, I was in the greatest of company. I love my friends.
~*~
If only he were here.

No comments: