Sunday, November 08, 2009

Sleeping Patterns And Poppies

Apparently, Gary received a call this morning. From my Grandad. Who's got his mobile phone back and is now up and about. (well, he's out of bed and sitting in his chair.)
~*~
That is possibly the best news I've heard all week. My grandad, who was given 2 weeks to leave 10 weeks ago, is back up, and calling people. I can't wait until we get a call informing us he's gone down to the chippy and would we prefer fish cakes or saveloy.
~*~
Other news
~*~
I woke up last night sitting on my sofa. I had fallen asleep in my bed but woken up downstairs. Normally, (when I'm not alone at night,) I rarely sleep walk. My bed is against the wall so in order to get out, I have to clamber over McBride and hope I don't tread on his leg. This highly skilled and very dangerous activity normally wakes my brain up and I come out of sleepwalking mode before i leave the bedroom.
~*~
But now, McBride isn't here so I go off gallivanting most nights. About two weeks ago, I woke up in the fridge (not literally, I was leaning in and eating sausage rolls.) I've also ended up sat on the stairs and looking through my pyjama drawer.
~*~
I think I get my sleep walking streak from Steffi. The woman who once went next door and asked for the toilet. I remember once she burst into my room at about 1 in the morning, picked me up, with a duvet and a pillow (please be aware I was 11 at the time) and carried me downstairs. She then grabbed Gary and pulled him back upstairs before shouting "Her ceiling, look!"
~*~
So apparently my ceiling was falling in! I know, shocking stuff. A few nights later i woke up to find her sat on the end of my bed with her arms in the air (already freaking out at the sight of a crazy woman in my room.) I asked quietly what she was doing and she, quite calmly, answered "Just holding the ceiling up."
~*~
Yeah, That's normal.
~*~
Rest in Peace all those who've fallen.

No comments: