Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Bananas And Glitter

December the first ey?
~*~
First of all, I'd like to say that I don't have an advent calendar! This year I have no excuse for eating chocolate at half six in the morning after brushing my teeth. I sent one up to Glasgow to McBride but do I have one?
~*~
Big Fat Sodding NOOOOOOO!!!
~*~
Anyway... I think that there's some kind of psychological button that gets pressed on the 1st of this month. Suddenly everyone goes "it's December, quick, must go shopping, Go Go Gadget credit card!" Today, nearly everyone I served before 11 o'clock spent over £60. And when I looked in the baskets, I was met with glittery Jesus', squirrel underpants, plasters in the shape of cupcakes, wind up break dancers, massive baubles and other bits and bobs that people will only EVER buy in December. None of these people would think twice about buying pink 'lady' moustaches in July. It's that whole 'holy crap what can I buy' instinct that kicks in on the day that first cardboard door is opened and that chocolate it eaten (unless you're me of course!)
~*~
The Wonderful Jasper™ came round on Sunday and Gary and I actually managed to get both him and Steffi racing on Mario Kart.
~*~
FUNNY!!!!!!
~*~
It's odd to think that the two people in the room that actually drive couldn't get round the track for toffees. and every now and then you heard Steffi cry out
"STOP GIVING MY BANANAS!!!!!!"
~*~

No comments: