Thursday, December 03, 2009

yuk

SNOT!
~*~
That's all my body seems to consist of today. I woke up this morning and BANG!!! my sinuses went kabloowy. (I'm pretty sure that's a real word) my nose is blocked, then runny, then blocked then... My throat is scratchy, my head is throbbing, my everything aches.
~*~
Am I turning into a pig?
Most likely!
~*~
I've discovered that Mr McBride is now a qualified fencer. Oh yes, he can now prance around with a sword wearing white pyjamas and a sieve on his face if he wanted to. Bless him. I can just imagine him now, squaring up to Jack Sparrow. (OK, so he'd probably lose but that daydream is enough to make me smile for a whole week!)
~*~
I've also only just realised that on Christmas day, I'll be waking up beside him. In the three years we've been together, not one Christmas morning has been spent together. He usually went round his folks house before coming round to mine for about 11. The thought of waking up beside him in general makes me fizzy inside. But knowing I'll be waking up next to him at Christmas? It's like some one's filled me with popping candy and fizzy lemonade!
~*~
He asked me what Christmas morning is usually like. I told him that Steffi normally stands outside my door at about half six coughing loudly before saying "Oh, are you awake?" I don't think he likes that idea so much. But he did promise a cooked breakfast, complete with potato scones and hash browns!
~*~
I'm sure this Christmas day will be quite similar than normal. Gary and Steffi will sit on the bigger of the two sofa's, (Steffi closer to the tree so she can hand out the presents in such a way that everyone has at least one in front of them and no one gets left out.) If my nan comes round again, She'll sit on the smaller of the two sofas. And McBride and I will sit in front of the fire, Like two cats, a tabby and a ginger, cosy and smiley on the mat.
~*~
I made a wish on the first star I saw this evening. I wished that all my Christmas' will be full of family. Steffi normally takes some trifle next door on Christmas evening after we've eaten more than any of us though possible. Next door accepts with a smile before heading back into his empty house to watch Only Fools And Horses reruns. Alone.
~*~
I couldn't do that.

No comments: