Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Mirrors, Signal...

Ha! driving lesson number one!
~*~
Another piece of 'growing up' I have yet to do. Learning to drive. To say I was nervous this morning would be a lie. I was actually looking forward to the lesson. Dancing around the kitchen putting away knives and forks from the dishwasher and imagining myself cruising down the sea front.
~*~
Then the car pulled up outside and my stomach went 'Thunk' (The noise I imagine it making as it gets hit with ten thousand bags of nerves)
~*~
But Gary (not father figure) seemed nice and drove me to a secluded place near an industrial estate before taking me through all the first lesson gubbins' I discovered early on in the lesson he uses tactics to calm new drivers down.
~*~
"Right, we're going to MOVE the car, so you need to put your left foot on the clutch, go into first gear...is your surname Scottish?"
"Ey?"
And that's kind of how the conversations went, somewhere between informative and downright strange. But I have to admit, it did calm me down. I calmed down so much that when he said "No go into third" I went into fifth. And the car cried out "OW!! NOT SO HARD PLEASE I'M ONLY DOING 26 MILES AN HOUR!"
~*~
Other stuff? It's my three year anniversary tomorrow, which is amazing! And I'm going up to Glasgow a week tomorrow, Which is also amazing. I don't celebrate valentines day at all but it's nice that when i get all the sickly sweet lovey dovey couple come into my shop around the 'blessed' holiday, I can't say I'm spending mine with the one I love as well. So there, you people with your public displays of affection, Stick that in you're heart shaped chocolate box!!!

No comments: