Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Stuff And Things

First off, I'd like to apologise for the severe lack of spelling and grammar checks in my last post. Just as I was finishing up, a pop up appeared saying 'I will be shutting down in two minutes, please save and close any files you currently have open, grab whatever precious belongings you can carry and head for the nearest exit, do not take lifts and don't pass go and do not collect £200, quickly, get out, SAVE YOURSELF!!' OK, maybe that was a bit of an exaggeration, but the PC did decide to close down so I had to get by without a spell check.
~*~
Only problem is, now I have to keep the post without a spell check otherwise this post won't make sense.
~*~
Oh well. All my applications have been sent off. Woop Woop!
What else?

I got my train tickets today. On the 11th February I will be heading to Glasgow for Valentines weekend. Hurrah! McBride has a couple of days off so he's going to show me around Glasgow a little more. It's also a chance to go into Vanilla Black again. (a gorgeous vintage tea parlour in Glasgow. They do amazing cakes. I'm exited just thinking about it. (the trip, not the cake...although)

~*~

I'm spending way too much money in Lush. I'm becoming addicted to shopping there. I have bath bombs, solid shower gels and bubble bars coming out of my ears. TIP OF THE WEEK! wrap each bath bomb in tissue (or leave them in the bag they come in) and place one in each of your clothes drawers. It keeps the bath bombs fresh and makes your clothes smell lush. (ooh, is that where they go the name from?)

~*~

I went into a cafe in Chichester on Saturday and was approached by the waiter. The Wonderful Jaspar and I had previously been in the cafe (at the same table) practicing lines for Taming Of The Shrew. The waiter came over and said 'Excuse me, are you the two actors from last time?' He sounded genuinely exited, almost like he'd stumbled upon Judi Dench And Ian McKellen in his cafe. less him.

~*~

The light in my kitchen keeps flashing, yet every time if does, I automatically look out the window. Even though the light is behind me.

~*~

An American couple came into my shop the other day, the woman looked at the pens at the counter whilst the gentleman looked at the Filofaxes in the cabinet. He pointed at two matching Filofaxes. One was A5 and one was pocket size. He then looked over to me and said 'Are these two the same size?' I wish I had the nerve to say yes.

~*~

I'm starting to learn my lines for 'The Crucible', Which I'm very excited about. The last time i did this play was in college where I was given two lines and then left back stage. it wasn't until we got to a character that hadn't been cast that I got a juicer role. I remember the teacher saying 'oh, we haven't cast this. Gemma, you can do this part as well.' This was the point when I stood up and actually used the phrase 'er...hello?'

~*~

I'm also very excited about Glee. Me and some friends had a girly night (until Finchy turned up then it was a girlyfinchy night) and we watched three episodes back to back. The fact that the last episode had five minutes cut off due to virgin record didn't tape the whole thing didn't even bother me. The fact that there was music, singing dancing and the like on the TV just made my day. Having great friends and a shed load of chocolate to share also helped. hehe

~*~

two words: Very Content.

No comments: