Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A nice post (honest)

I had a friend who used to go dancing with me. I met her when I was about 5. She was in my ballet class. She was incredibly tall. (well, you know, for a six year old!) Very long legs. When I was 14, We had our ballet exams and she received her first 'Honours' (Top marks for those who may not know)
~*~
She passed away before I had the chance to congratulate her. Nut allergy, asthma attack, cardiac arrest, all those words linked together to form a newspaper article. It was this girl who made me stop taking things for granted.
~*~
I have an amazing life. I've been to Africa, I've eaten breakfast with Mickey Mouse, I have 47 pairs of shoes, I can still do the splits on both legs and do a triple pirouette without falling over.
~*~
But, more importantly, I have the most amazing people to share my life with. These people who choose to spend time with me.
~*~
Friends who make amazing mars bar slices. Friends who travel to my work to drop off a beautiful hand made birthday present. Friends who will make me cheesy pesto pasta so I don't have to take tablets on an empty tummy. Friends who will dance with me all night whilst telling me how cool there nan is. Friends who will get drunk and in a heightened RP voice, inform me that I'm 'F*****g beautiful darling' Friends who will come all the way into Portsmouth to give me a shoulder to cry on. Friends who will sing the grease mega mix with me. Friends who do so much, I get dizzy.
~*~
With these people in my life, I feel like one room in the house of adulthood is full, and there's a party going on. I'm just waiting for the rest of the house (where the lights are off and the guy inside is banging on the door and yelling 'TURN THAT MUSIC DOWN") to join in.
~*~
I love my friends. I truly do. Without them, I would be such a different person. A sad person. I'm so glad I'm not.
~*~
So don't read too much into that last post. I was having a really bad day, but like always, my friends came to my rescue on their big white horses and we all rode into the sunset.
~*~
With them and my family, I can't go wrong.
~*~
And who else even matters?
~*~
Well, there is this guy...

No comments: