Saturday, January 09, 2010

Christmas

The smell of the mulled wine at the Christmas market in Gunwharf. The free cup of tea the guy at Krispy Kreme gave me as a birthday present. The apple sour shot Sam brought me so the bar could open the till to get some change out. Jaspar and Steffi on Mario Kart. McBride winking at me as he walked from the arrivals gate. Getting the entire 'Friends' box set for my birthday. Wearing teeny boppers and Santa hats at work whilst drinking tea and singing to Cliff Richard. Watching 'Where the wild things are' with my closest friends. Dressing like a princess for Alice's party. McBride's face when I walked in the room in my prom dress. The plates from Siany and Finchy. Watching Kathryn skid across the dance floor and fall over before standing up and carrying on like nothing happened. Waking up next to someone. Winning £60 on the lottery. The MASSIVE jar of sweets. Playing balloon volley ball in the kitchen. Finding out that Sam was finally having his Christmas turkey delivered. A mountain of Boxing day Bubbles and Squeak. Walking from our house to McBride's folks and not remembering a single step. Making a snowman that resembled the Michelin Man in a top hat. Getting snowflakes on my eye lashes. Having three new years countdowns. Discovering that Nick knows all the words to 'Business Time.' Having a picnic on the carpet whilst watching Inglorious B*****ds. Getting free lemonade with our Pizza Express. Steffi attempting the drums on 'Rock Band'. Gary's Tshirt with the quote "There's only one fat guy around here...and it ain't Santa!" McBride pulling his cracker and the 'prize' landing in his gravy. McBride being there to share it with me
I spent my Christmas with the people I truly Love.
If you were there, Thank you
Happy New Year

No comments: