Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Frozen

This ice is beginning to drive me crazy!
~*~
For a week now, I've been wearing the most unattractive shoes to work, along with two pairs of tights and a pair of jeans, and that's before I even put on my work clothes., I mean, lets look at this morning.
~*~
Pants, Bra (complete with a creaky under wire), strappy top, long sleeved jumper, Shirt, cardigan, two pairs of tights, pair of jeans, skirt (this makes perfect sense as it means less to carry at a time when good balance is necessary) Scarf, coat, gloves, ear muffs, Walking shoes.
~*~
I tell you, getting dressed in the mornings is taking three times as long. I'm starting to miss that extra fifteen minutes I used to have on those oh so wonderfully warm 'hole in the ozone!' mornings.
Two days after returning from Scotland, McBride woke up slightly as I got out of bed for work. He smiled at me and said
"Come back for a cuddle, two minutes."
"I can't sweets, I need to go and get dressed."
"Well, when you're dressed, come back for a cuddle."
So I went to the bathroom to get dressed (I can be noisy as hell in the mornings so getting dressed in a whole other room is the best option.) I finished and went back into the bedroom, started to climb in to the lovely warm bed and was greeted with "No, moment's gone, you took too long!" before the boy rolled over and fell back into a red headed sleep.
~*~
You see! this climate trouble has cost me a decent morning spoon!
~*~
I fell over yesterday on the way to the post office. I thought logically as I got to a curb. I thought "that bit right at the drop, that hasn't been trodden on much, that must be less slipp..." BANG, bum, meet floor, floor, meet bum! ouch. To top off this merry little episode, I fell right outside a local school, causing about 30 children to point and laugh. Charming. It's scary to think that these children will one day be our doctors, lawyers and benefit thieves.
~*~
It's OK though because I got up, carried on and posted my parcel, before making eye contact with a guy I used to know. He went to my school. He was a bully. He now has an earring, a baseball cap and an asbo. I was walking along with his hands in his pockets, acting all 'I could have you if I wanted you missy' He was strutting along. He...Slipped and fell flat on his face because his hands were too far in his pockets.
~*~
OK, snow does have its benefits I suppose.
~*~
Scotland application deadline has been lengthened!

No comments: