Thursday, May 27, 2010

Customers

Hi there
Hello, I want some invitations
O.K, do you want plain ones or ones that say when and where etc?
Invitations!
Yes, what kind? ones that just say invitation or..
I said I want invitations, are you stupid?
~*~
Well clearly the evidence would suggest I am. Silly me, my psychic powers just aren't up to scratch. BAD MCFARLEY!
~*~
I do love my new job, don't get me wrong. It's just that there's a very affluent streak in most of my customers. they are the kind that are always right and proper. They (or probably their husbands) work hard for their money and have the right to act however they like when in a shop.
~*~
BAH!
~*~
Ah, psychic ability coming back. You're thinking 'What's the point of this post?' I'll tell you.
~*~
I (and a far few of my friends) work in retail. It's an honest job and put money in the bank account and cheerios in the breakfast bowl. We work hard, sometimes for very long days. We are always polite, punctual and friendly. We always try our hardest to provide you with what you need. We never argue back. We are humble folk who are just trying to keep our heads above financial water.
~*~
So please stop being so bloody rude!
~*~
New rules
~*~

  • If you are talking on your phone, (or even worse, begin a conversation) during a transaction, I will walk away from the till or serve another customer until you have finished.

  • If you throw the money onto the till, Then stand with your hand open ready for change, I will throw the change and receipt onto the till point in return. Hoping that the 10 pence piece will ricochet and hit you on the nose

  • If I say we don't have what you are looking for, and you go and ask another member of staff the same question, I will come over and ask you if my answers was unsatisfactory and demand an answer.

  • If, when asked if you need a bag, you say 'Of course I need one' then put the bag in your VERY LARGE BAG, I will ask for the bag back!

  • If, at the end of a transaction, you walk away without even the slightest look of regard or thanks, I will shout very loudly 'HAVE A NICE DAY THEN, BYE BYE!'
Don't say I didn't warn you.
~*~
Rant over. Thanks for listening. Have a nice day, bye bye.

No comments: