Saturday, July 10, 2010

Five things

Things that have flittered through the cobwebs of my mind in the last few days
~*~

1: I have a play to do.

A play I feel totally unprepared and under rehearsed for. When on stage, I feel like I'm really acting. That sound big headed and wrong, let me explain. I feel like there's no naturalness to my character. It all feels quite shallow in meaning. Like I'm just reading the lines from a book. I'm trying my hardest but I just look back over my last scene and think to myself 'That was obvious acting, and, even more worrying, not very good obvious acting.
~*~

2: My basic academic skills have failed me big time.
Standing at the till point, the transaction comes to £4.50. The customer gives me a £10 note and a 50 pence piece. I press the £4.50 button then can't for the life of me work out how much change to give the customer back. The till display is saying no change due to wrong button pressing and I'm left staring into my till drawer thinking 'so 10 take away fifty is nine fifty. plus four pound fifty is twenty seven divided by pi is...'
It's not difficult woman! Seriously. To make matters worse, I look to the customer and say (and I quote) 'Sorry, my mathematical skills are badder than I thought.' Badder? That's not even a word! Go back to school dipshit!
~*~

3: My arm muscles are starting to look like they could do some damage.
My new job demands more heavy lifting than my last job. In Gunwharf, I had about 9 men that could carry a box for me if i promised them tea. Now, I have no one so it's down to 5 foot 2 me to lug crates of notebook down a flight of stairs. Because of that, my arms are starting to muscle up a bit. Now, I must confess, it's nothing compared to the Fabulous Calves Of Finch™ but I'm quite proud of them. 
~*~

4: The sun is shining
This makes me smile. Enough Said
~*~

5: He comes home on Tuesday. This is a very Very VERY good thing.  

No comments: