Saturday, February 05, 2011

Asda

I like to get Asda home deliveries. It's a £3.50 delivery charge but by the time we've paid for the bus to Asda and back, it seems to be easier to get it all delivered to our door. Plus, as no money changes hands, (thanks to the joys of internet payment) it's almost like getting free food delivered to your door.
~*~
My delivery's booked between 7:00 and 9:00. So after rushing home from work,I sort out my kitchen cupboards, clear all the crap out of the fridge and wait. At half eight, he arrives, he's soaking wet and about 16 years old (is he old enough to drive?) he smiles and holds up two bags.
~*~
"Erm, (thick Glaswegian accent) these haven't been claimed. If I take them back to the depot, they'll just throw them out. do you want them?"
I don't know what to say, Do I want this food? Is there a catch?
"It'll be free."
Oh well then yes I do want it thank you very much.
~*~
After having a chat about the manky manky weather and carrying my bags into to kitchen, he smiles once more and heads back out into the darkness. I go into the kitchen to check my goodies. What did I get for free?
~*~
A pack of chicken breasts.
Two packs of cooked ham for sandwiches
A large pizza (peperoni)
A box of 15 rocket ice lollies.
Of course, what with the tropical weather gracing the west coast of Scotland, what fool wouldn't want 15 ice lollies in brightly coloured falic shapes? Oh, wait a minute...
~*~
But free food is free food, I'm not complaining. I check through the list with Mr McBride and all is well.
Oh, apart from the following
~*~
Missing: Beef mince.
Missing: Smoked bacon
Missing: Mushrooms.
~*~
So what had started as free food actually turned into stupid substitutes for what I actually wanted. Lets face it, I don't really fancy sausage, egg and ice lolly for breakfast. Ice lolly bolognaise sounds wrong and wild cooked ham risotto doesn't really float my boat.
~*~
Refund please.

No comments: