Monday, February 07, 2011

Thug

Anniversaries. Lovely things.
~*~
McBride and I have been together four years. Hurrah for us. But as wonderful as that is, That isn't what I'm going to talk about. It's just a starter so you know why we're where we are.
~*~
China Buffet King.
~*~
This place rocks socks. All you can eat for £12. This includes soup, duck pancakes, mains, starters, even prawn crackers. Good stuff. We sit at our table, we talk about the past and future and generally enjoy the glow that comes with the knowledge that the person on the other side of the table has chosen to spend the last four years with you.
~*~
On the table next to us are two men. To be blunt, one looks like he's going to punch someone and the other looks like he'd steal your watch to fund a drug habit. I look over every now and then throughout the evening and see them fill their plates no less than seven times each. Impressive for thugs and junkies.
~*~
They finish up about twenty minutes before we do. As they leave, Thug wanders over to our table.
~*~
"Evening folks, I'm really sorry to barge in on your conversation like this..."
Here it comes, either an insult or a plead for drug funds.
"...I hope you're having a good evening. Erm...My names John by the way. I was wondering...now I know your mum always said never take sweets from strangers but... because you now know my name's John...Do you guys want the Everton mints that we got with our bill?"
~*~
And with that, he gently placed two Everton mints on out table, smiled, saluted and said "Enjoy yourselves. Take care." before heading out into the wind and rain.
~*~
Never judge a book by it's cover.

No comments: