Thursday, October 06, 2011

Saucy

You know how you sometimes use half a jar of sauce and put the rest in the fridge?
~*~
You know how you're meant to use it within three days of opening?
~*~
That's how this story starts.
The day: Thursday
The time: 9:30 am
The Sauce: Bolognese
~*~
I had 'spag bol' a couple of nights ago and the other half of the jar has now past it's 'Consume within two days of opening' date so I thought it best to throw it away.
~*~
YAWN
~*~
So I open the bin and drop the jar in. As the glass leaves my hand, everything suddenly goes into slow-mo. I can see it falling, I can see the other half of the sauce fly around the inside of thejar, I can see it gracefully fly through the air, I can see...that the lid isn't attatched properly! Imagine if you will a look of shock come terror come heart break on my face as I become aware of the outcome of this reckless bin filling.
~*~
Bang! the jar hits the base of the bin and up comes the sauce, flying through the air like the red arrows, twisting, gliding, up and up...into my face, and my hair, and half the kitchen.
~*~
Nice!

No comments: