Sunday, September 30, 2007

'...And My Name Is Elbow'

I bloody love Shakespeare. After three rehearsals of his 'Measure For Measure' I'm starting to think that he's the Tarentino of his day. what with the sex and violence! no yellow kill bill jump suits though...yet.
I'm only a small roll in this but it's enough as I've never been that clever at getting my mouth around Shakers language, (sticking a 'th' at the end of every other word isn't a good idea)
My Character, Elbow is a policeman, and lets face it, he's not the brightest button in the box! he's slow, shallow and stupid (alliteration not intended) but during my time on stage, i do get to beat up a pimp called Pompey. I'm loving the violence, comic as it it. But the recieving end - the ever lovely Mr Mcbride - isn't enjoying it as much. The poor guy's not used to being beaten up by a girl verging on dwarfism!
I'm really looking forward to this production. it's should be jolly good fun...eth!
come see it
1st And 2nd November

No comments: