Thursday, September 20, 2007

Light, Camera, Scare

Well, last night was the first of our two performances for 'Girl In The Corner' and i believe it went rather well.
Before curtain time, Charlotte and I had trouble with our hats but all was well by the time the crying and moaning could be heard on stage, (voiced by some very brave bench ladies)
and i think the play served it's purpose. we scared the living crap out of the audience. (Mr McBride, I'm told, jumped out of his seat at one point!)
There's a big 'Woman In Black' feel to this piece and everytime i perform it, i feel the cast pull out more and more stops to make it so. Last night in particular Sian almost made me cry with her monologue. She's a good little actress our Sian, she doesn't believe me but I (and many others) believe so.
so that's it almost, only one time left to creep people out. i love this piece so much, even if it does mean that the only comment i get out of Steffi (my mother) is 'Well, you're a bit of an evil bitch aren't you?'
I think that's a compliment

No comments: