Monday, November 19, 2007

Onward And Upward

It's Been Such A Frantic Week!
After the guide awards on Monday, My Steffi had a small prang in the car, well, when I say prang, i mean when she passed another car, the cars caught each other. Trust us to get an idiot in the other car. The driver (a girl...chav of about my age) said 'well you lifted my car up off da road dit ya!' she drove along a little bit and her boyfriend got out and started being a bit of a tit. he informed us that she was stationary (she wasn't, i saw her move along) he also refused to give us her details (she was a new driver and was scared) and when Steffi gave him her mobile number to sort it out later he said ' Well how can you prove that's your number?)
basically he was trying to be a big boy.
When Steffi went to inspect the damaged to the other car the scratch came off as she touched it - must have just been dust- when the guy saw what she did he cried 'No don't wipe it off' then followed with 'look, I'm a decent man, i won't go through the POLICE!!! for this, why don't you just give us 50 and call it a day!'
Steffi was NOT happy and said if he wants to go through insurance he should call her. his reply was 'well i thought i was speaking to a mature woman.' Steffi just said he had her number if he wanted to contact her and left the idiot standing in the street.
Anyway, she panicked all night after that because she was worried she'd driven away from the scene of a crime! bless her. she got a phone call from the actual driver the next day saying she'll go to the police if Steffi doesn't do something. when Steffi said give me your insurance details and I'll give you mine, she suddenly decided it would be best if they just each paid for their own damage! stupid cow!
All week I've been working til 5 then straight up to Havant. Apart from Tuesday when I'm up in Havant at 4 to teach seven to 11 year old's a play called 'The Christmas'. Teaching is the most stressful 2 hours of my week. I'm actually more nervous for my children's play in December than i am for my Play at the moment.
So onto wild duck. We opened on Thursday to a small but lovely audience (apart from the reviewer, more on that later) and i believe it went well. There were real tears on my behalf, real stubbornness on Mr McBride's behalf and overall it was good. The gun shot was a bit delayed but we won't speak of that. Someone also said Macbeth backstage but we won't talk about that either!
My Steffi and Auntie came to see it on Friday and i was informed that seeing me dead on the table was a bit too much for my Steffi to take and she felt a bit ill. poor thing.
Then the McBride clan came to see it on Saturday. They whooped at the end which was good, i think.
I got to spend a bit of time with Liz (Mr McBride's sister) as well this weekend before she heads back home to Scotland which was great. I haven't seen her since we went up to Scotland in the Summer. It was a bit weird having another girl in the McBride residence again. It's been just me since Emma Went to university.
So basically I've been stressed, I've been shattered and I've been running round endlessly.
But when i step onto that stage at 8 every evening, It's so worth it. If only MR McBride would hug me when I'm in costume. He won't because 'You're 14, it's way to weird!'

1 comment:

Alice said...

Hey sweetpea. You're totally in the blogging gang now (and for a while before but I never knew). We should make jackets or something. I've linked to you and Siany Sian so feel free to do the same.

Miss McFarley is lovely. Fact.