Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Back To Routine

I start back at my teaching tonight. the first session since their play at the beginning of December.The fact i slept straight through last night makes me look forward to the hour and a half of hyperactive 7-11 year olds.They haven't got a show to do this term so i'll be spending my time with them doing workshop type things, all lot of what i teach them was taught to me in college (obviously i make some tasks a little easier for them, the fact being that some of them only come up to my waist!)
Things are beginning to look up. Yesterday Mr McBride and I booked two tickets to Edinburgh for February. It's the first time I'll be going on a sleeper train and this exites me as much as the holiday it's self.
Mr McBride is also getting exited about a play he's going to pitch to our theatre company. I'm sure he's at work now reading the script (again) jotting down notes (again) and smoking (still)
I've read the play he wants to pitch and I think it will blend really well with the play his friend is pitching. The plan is for both plays to be shown in the space of the two weeks, giving the audience more to look forward to.
The plays they've chosen are both quite contempory (One being Sarah Kane and the other being Philip Ridley) and I think that this will bring in a new audience, (students and young people) as well as the fail safe audience the bench know and love.
Obviously this is just a hope, but I think it will do well for the company as much in audience levels as in reviews and maybe more (the past two guide awards have gone to small plays by the bench, one being frozen and the other being art)
Anyway, onto other things, the bad dreams seem to have died down, I had one last night but it was no where near as bad, I didn't wake up during it and managed to stay asleep until 11 oclock this morning, apparently I said bye to Mr McBride when he went to work but it's not something I remember.
And I've grown!!!!! I got measured at the doctors the other day and I am now officially 5ft 3! hows that for good news mmm?

No comments: