Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Earache Brings End To Weekend happiness

I've come to two conclusions today.
1: i hate pain, especially when the pain is a throbbing sensation in my right ear accompanied by the inablility to open my mouth.
2: I hate the wind. this crates an even painful throb when it reaches my ear and it seems that no matter what direction i face, it travels directly into my ear.
I'm high on nurofen (or however it's spelt) and i'm trying to chill out and forget it. the list consists of this.
  • Camomile tea
  • small hot water bottle on ear
  • relaxing music provided my Seguir Ros
  • The odd kiss on the nose and tight squeeze from Mr McBride.
This i have decided has no affect on the pain but does make me feel a little better with myself.
We went to a wedding on Saturday. Now i must admit, Both MrCbride and I are incredibly scruffy individuals and Saturday was a slight shock. I didn't know we could both scrub up to well.
McBride was one of many best men and looked very 'dapper' as Steffi informed me. I had to sew myself into my dress but apart from that, i felt rather glamourous.
Saturday was a fantastic opportunity to do on of my favourite past times: People watching.
Looking around the reception i noticed how happy everyone was. Everyone looked amazing and they were all there for a good time. You have to realise that the only time i really get to see all these people is sat in a circle on a thursday night talking about the theatre. so it was great to see people dancing, singing and generally have a great time.
Weddings are strange things though as they make emotions surface. Everone in a couple that day were very huggy and squeezy. Mr McBride hardle let go of my hand all day and hugged me quite frequently. Other couples were the same. It's amazing to see how one couple's declaration creates an atmosphere that others can't help but follow.
I only hope that the years that follow are as happy as the years prior. If not, i hope they're even better. It was a beautiful day, with beautiful people who just wanted to have a good time.
And Blimey do we know how to party!

No comments: