Thursday, April 03, 2008

Dumb

I've just spent a tenner in GAP and in return got a pair of jeans, a dress and two tops! not bad wouldn't you agree? makes the situation im in a little easier to deal with.
The situation bein i have very little voice left in me. (i can hear Steffi rejoicing in the kitchen as we speak.) Over the past couple of days i have felt as my poor little vocal chords has curled up in a little ball and gone "nope, we're not playing anymore, night night."
Obviously, through working in a busy shop, This becomes quite a struggle. People can't hear me basically and holding up a piece of paper over my head with big letters saying NEXT PLEASE! is just rude.
SO what to do, what to do?
*I could phone in sick i suppose, but that leaves the shop in a predicament. Lack of staff and wotnot.
*I could deal with it and try and talk normally. This is a bad plan, vocal chords giving up is a sign that less talking should take place.
*I could learn sign language and communicate that way. Then again most people in portsmouth can only just speak English,
so I'm desperately searching the web for someone to be my voice. It could be like dubbing, I'll stand there mouthing the workds and someone (preferably smaller than me) can stand behind and speak for me. It's fool proof!
Ok maybe not.
I miss the nasal tones my voice creates. (Steffi stop laughing at me!)

No comments: