Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Finally.

I can finally tell you the fantastic news that I have internet in my flat. Hurrah! Let's all get drunk and celebrate. It only took two months.
~*~
So much, So Much SO MUCH to tell you. I tell you now, this will be a long one. Go get some tea.
~*~
Right. I'm in my kitchen right now. how exciting is that. OUR kitchen. Mine and McBride's. We have co-habited (is that right?) And I have made more cookies than ever before. McBride must be loving it.
~*~
Well, maybe not. The poor guy has a broken toe. Broken the day before Steffi and Gary arrived. Apparently in class they were running around bare foot (Remember, McBride is a 26 year old and this is not a pre school) when someone ran into him and sort of snapped his toe backwards! Ouchy. So he's limping around with a swollen foot. I, being the ever careful girl I am, have managed to tread on it roughly 68 times already in the two weeks he's had it. I did buy him Danger Mouse slippers to say sorry though so I think I'm back in his good books.
~*~
So Steffi and Gary came to stay a couple of weeks ago. That was pretty epic. Hosting's good fun. I spent a week on a sofa bed and didn't break my back, which is cool. Steffi and I walked for miles shopping, which was also cool. It was just awesome to see them again. Steffi cried when she got here, cried when she left, the poor woman was almost hysterical when she met me from work the day they arrived.
~*~
So work (see what I'm doing here? little links between paragraphs to make it flow. Good ey?) I now work in a jewellers. It's fabulous. Lots of sparkly things, a gold, a diamonds. We had a guy come in one Friday who bought an engagement ring. He then came in on the Sunday and said "She said yes, thank you so much for helping me, she loved the ring. Thank you." so job satisfaction is of a high level. We also keep chocolates behind the till which always makes me smile. It makes the walk home seem shorter.
~*~
Yep, I walk to work and back everyday. I walk through Glasgow green which is all orange and red at the moment. Apart from early mornings when it's white and frosty, (or when it's pouring down, in which case, i catch the train.) It's a lovely park and comes complete with a beautiful fountain and 'The People's Palace' which is like a city museum. Come visit, we can go there some time. We'll get cake.
~*~
Cake, mmm.
~*~
Ok so that wasn't really a link to a new paragraph but the thought of cake makes me smile. As does the boy in the next room playing his guitar. I'll get soppy for a moment. skip the next bit if you wish.
~*~
Living with him is wonderful. Waking up next to him in the morning and thinking, 'This is ours. We paid for this.' It makes me feel great. Coming in from work and finding post on the floor addressed to both of us. Hearing him sing in the shower. it all makes my tummy a bit fizzy. I like it.
~*~
But I miss people so much. you know who you are (Ooh, how very cryptic.) Before getting the job, I was very lonely in the day time and had resorted to ridiculous things like watching 'Loose Women' to pass the time. Not a good plan. Although I kind of envy them. I wish I could get paid to sit for an hour bitching about the world. Lucky sods.
~*~
This post has somehow lost it's way. I'm sorry. My posts will go back to their usual random selves soon. I just wanted to update you on life in the north. A life where the little things are making my day.
  • Leaving my tights on the heater whilst I have a wash in the morning
  • Listening the the dozens of busking on the high street (A whole post will be dedicated to this)
  • Introducing McBride to musicals in order for him to find a song for school.
  • Watching Hugh Fernley-wittydoo-dah on Channel Four and thinking 'I'm so making that at the weekend'
  • Watching the old guy and his really fat dog walk past every morning at the same time.
  • Pretending to be in a music video when walking through the park early in the morning whilst listening to Sigur Ros.
  • Using phrases like 'No, you can't have mashed potato, we're too poor to buy a potato masher'
~*~
Life is pretty cool at present.
~*~
Now if only I could work the blender...

No comments: