Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Census

Ten years ago I was 13. I was studying at City Of Portsmouth Girls School and thinking about what colour I wanted my bedroom.
~*~
Fast forward ten years and I'm in my own flat, I'm out of school and in a job, I'm in a different country. My how things change when you don't pay attention.
~*~
The first part was pretty easy. Yes I live with a partner. Yes we rent a self contained flat from a letting agency. No there's no one else staying with us on the night of the 27th March. But then it starts getting a bit personal.
~*~
I'm ok, I'm in full time employment. It's McBride who suffers. Being a full time student, this is the order of the questions he must answer
~*~
Last week were you:~
Working as an employee
Working self employed
A bunch of other options
None of the above.
McBride ticks none of the above.
Are you actively seeking work?
No
Are you awaiting to start a job that has already been aranged?
No
Have you EVER worked?
Well, bit rude! Not only has the poor guy lost an hour of his weekend, he's being judged but a paper questionaire. All he wanted was a nice lesurely weekend.
~*~

No comments: