Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Christmas Is Coming!

And so onto the merriment of Christmas.
And hasn't it arrived quickly.
This time last year i was stressed at college, starting a new job and losing faith in a relationship. now I'm happy at work, madly in love and having the time of my life in all areas. I'm amazed at how much a year has changed me.
~*~
I made 5 resolutions at the new year.
*Stop picking off my nail varnish the day i put it on. (passed)
*Get up early enough to have breakfast before work (failed miserably)
*Take more pictures (passed with flying colours)
*Make myself happy (yey)
*Be more organised (the fact Mr McBride isn't means i have to be)
~*~
I'm so organised that i already have all my Presents for people ready to wrap. this is the first Christmas where I'm on a proper wage and i wanted to make the most of it. Especially to Steffi, she's been through a hell of a lot these past couple of years. now the woman's speaking two languages and I'm so proud of her.
~*~
This Christmas will be great, I'll finally be 100 % happy of who I'm spending it with and where i am. Plus, i won't be on tablets like i was last Christmas so i can drink a wee bit.
~*~
I just can't believe this time last year i was Lyra. a year goes so quickly don't it?!?!

2 comments:

Cracked Actor said...

Lovely to read that you can look back on this year with lots of positive memories. Personally I'll be glad to see the back of 2007, so it was nice to see that it brought someone happiness. I tend not to bother with resolutions, although I can thoroughly recommend the getting up earlier thing. I've made a conscious effort to do that myself since I started back at work in September. I've been pretty successful bar the occasional lapse, but I can honestly say that rather than making me more tired it seems to give me more energy, and it's also a nice feeling if you've been able to get up and achieve something before going to work. Even if that is only having a decent breakfast. xxx

Corrigan47 said...

Having breakfast is the most important act of the new day! It ignites the body and tells it to get on the road for a whole new bright shining day. Otherwise the poor body doesn't know where it is at!
This is Grandpa Ekdahl finally discovering your blog. Loved working with you on HDM but even more so on Wild Duck. Always love working with the exciting Mr McBride. 2007 began badly but turned out alright for me in the end.
Love
Peter Corrigan