Sunday, December 30, 2007

On To 2008

Does anyone else think Christmas flashed by in about 17 seconds?
Suddenly, I'm looking at an empty stockroom at work that was once filled with Christmas decorations, A minor mountain of new gifts, and a face in the mirror that looks absolutely shattered.
But Believe me, It's worth it.
I spent my birthday at work which was OK as i managed in my lunch break to grab the last Nintendo DS in HMV for Steffi's Christmas present. Then it was onto Frankie And Benny's with the parents and Mr McBride, (from who i was presented with 2 presents, Harvey and DVD and a framed song that he wrote. I Love Him)
I also got a new DVD and TV from the parents. so yeah, i basically got spoilt.
I finally saw my good friends again on the 20th where we all dressed up like silly beggars and produced small pantomimes. which made me laugh. A.LOT!!!!!
Then came the big day. On Christmas eve, Gary and I wandered around town for presents from him to Steffi. We munched on a hamburger and laughed until i almost fell into a market stall keeper. it was great to be like this again, I'll be the first to admit that this time last year, i wasn't myself. This time last year i was hugging people and thinking i probably won't see them again. (HDM)
Then on Christmas day, everything was practically perfect. we gathered round the Christmas tree and had fun. I got a present from Mr McBride's parents. (a little photo frame with a 6 year old Very red headed McBride boy.) and once again got spoilt by everyone including McBride himself. (a CD, a necklace i saw and loved, the HDM books and a bracelet.)
Lunch was lovely. I think Steffi and I are the only two people who can manage to get drunk on Non Alcoholic wine! giggling away with a paper crown that kept falling over my eyebrows. (i got a tiny photo frame in my cracker if you're interested.)
After an afternoon on the wii! (yeah i know) the two of us went to the McBride Residence for some alcoholic merriment. where we opened more presents from the other McBride and Emmy. then we watched the Simpson's movie and drank white Russian's until we felt sleepy.
Worked on Boxing day, we don't need to talk about that.
But on Thursday i took my niece to see a play called Drumlins and Dragons. a good friend of mine was involved and i can honestly say that i was blown away. For a touring production it was extremely professional. my Niece loved it and now wants me to take her again.
And now I'm here, sat stuffed with food in front of the computer talking to you, good reader. I have a house party to go to for New Years Eve. which will be a millions times better than last years 31st!
I hope you have a wonderful 2008 and that it's a year to cherish and remember.

No comments: