Tuesday, December 04, 2007

I Cried!!

Tonight was the performance of 'The Chrismas Cake' The production put on by act one juniors. I teach these kiddies every tuesday afternoon and for the past few weeks, we have talked nothing but Christmas. I've had conversations about what colour a raisin is, what kind of hat should a snowman wear and what colour ribbon should the ribbon be.
Yep, basically my Children are all decorations (or raisins) on a Christmas cake, and today they finally performed infront of 80 audience members. and i have to say i was so proud i cried. I sat on the stairs watching as the audience stared in awe at the fact their child had the confidence to stand on stage let alone act.
Ok, so a few bum, lines and a few missed cues but the show was an aoutstanding success. i had to leave the auditorium at one point to pull my self together. i was proud beyond belief.
Good god, what am i going to be like when my own child does this kind of thing?
In other news, Mr McBride now has no bears and short hair. just the way i like it.
And that's all for now. I do need to say though, I got a big birthday card from the Kiddies as well, that also made me cry, they all signed it and everything. golly it was emotional!!!
love

No comments: