Friday, December 14, 2007

Realisation and Disappointment

Next Wednesday i will turn 20.
I'm not expecting to feel any different, any more mature or any older. But It's actually quite a big jump.
I know that big birthday is your 21st but i keep thinking to myself "god, i won't be a teenager anymore"
I can remember my 13th Birthday party, i had a purple sparkly dress on that I brought in Tammy the day before, I Danced to songs from Westlife and The Backstreet boys. I had body glitter on for God's sake. All that is a whole other world away now.
This year for my birthday I'm going to a restaurant with my folks and Mr McBride. Another night I'm having dinner cooked for me and sharing it with my Best friends.
I've always loved the fact that my Birthday falls in the same week as Christmas. It's my favourite week of the year.
But unlike my 13th Birthday (when it was all about presents and me being happy) I'm more focused on just having a great time and the people around me being happy. And that's why it's seems like a big jump. It's because I've come a long way since i became a teenager all those years ago.
I watched The Golden Compass last night with a group of friends. I -Like most of us- pointed every time a new character came on and said "that's so and so." Now i know i will ALWAYS be biased towards our Production of the Fantasy series but i believe that even though the film looked amazing, the Acting was cold. There's was hardly any heart from any of the cast members.
I think the fact that we did it on stage makes a great deal of difference, It's LIVE theatre, it's happening right in front of you and you have to respond otherwise it's not real. The film looked like the cast didn't really care about others. With the exception of a couple of cast members, everyone just trotted along the script and looked around the room hoping that the CGI guys will make the Daemon follow their eyes.
Sorry, I don't want to sound like a critic, like i said, I will always be biased. I just hope they don't rush the other films. I hope Dakota Blue Richards grows into a greater Actress, she has a lot of potential. but once again, I was Lyra, I'll be biased.
If i don't get on here before
Have a VERY merry Christmas
xxx

No comments: