Wednesday, October 14, 2009

error

"Unable To Restore Iphone. Unknown Error 1604 Occurred"
~*~
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GOING ON ABOUT???
~*~
Ok, so I woke up (on my day off) and thought 'hmm, Upload session?' So I made some toast, made a nice cuppa tea (black, two sugars) and settles at the PC. I plugged my Iphone in, it uploaded for a while and BANG!
Well, Not actually bang but it made that sound it makes when you plug it it. (da dum, where the dum is higher than the da) then made a second da dum, which means some sort of error, where the dum is lower than the da (Is this making any sense?)
~*~
Unable to update phone, please press restore to restore iPhone to factory settings.
~*~
It's ok, everything's saved so I'll restore and then bung everything back over. (by now about 20 minutes have passed.) So I click restore and go out and make a fresh cuppa. (green tea this time) and came back to find the following message.
~*~
Unable to restore iPhone, unknown error 1604, 2002, 1603, 2006 occurred. Basically chappy, you're phone is f****d!
~*~
Ok, so it didn't say the last bit but the rest was true. Now, there's a blatant lie in that information. If the error is unknown, why have you given it a number? I clicked on more info and got a PDF about 27 pages long. I read the whole thing before I realised that there was no answer. So I turned to the interweb. My there's a lot of geeks out there. Telling my how to fix my apparently 'Bricked' phone. They're telling my about pop ups and files and folders I never knew existed. I followed the videos, read the forum sheets and tried again.
~*~
Unable to restore iPhone, unknown error 1604 occurred.
~*~ I was getting angry by this point. Two and a half hours had passed of what I was hoping was going to be a productive day! and I was still sat here, Bored, frustrated, full of tea and therefore needing the bathroom and angry. So I restarted the computer and tried again. Yep
~*~
Unable to restore iPhone, unknown error 1604, 2002, 1603, 2006 occurred
~*~
Then I saw a website that gave simple advice, no files, no 'updates' or 'upgrades' so I tried desperately one last time. If this didn't work, I was willing to through my phone at the cat that at the time was sitting on my wall outside the window. I unplugged the USB and plugged it into a different port on the BACK of the computer.
~*~
And that was all I needed to flipping well do?! Are you flipping kidding me!?!

No comments: