Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Frank

I went into town today to find a dress for the party (Look at the next blog down you'll understand)
I went in all I repeat ALL the woman fashion shops (Including Topshop, Newlook, and Primark) and found nothing I liked! NOTHING. ooh, I was not happy. I was just about to give up when i found a lovely little red dress in Warehouse. Yey. But still, no dresses I liked anywhere else. What's that about?
~*~
I sat next to a guy on the bus who, at closer inspection looked remarkably like my Grandad. It creeped me out a little bit so I moved over to the other side of the bus. The lookalike then looked over with a heart breakingly sad face and said "Sorry love." I felt so sorry for him that I moved back over, took off my headphones and chatted to him. He was a lovely chap.
~*~
It made me realise how reluctant we are as a nation to interact with people. I was sat there, Earphones in, making no eye contact. But when I did, I had a nice little chat with someone who seemed like he really appriciated the company.
~*~
It happens everywhere, There's now self service check outs so you don't have to make small talk. Internet everything so you don't have to physically talk and when you do call a company, 99% of the time it's a computer. People would rather struggle with things than ask for help. People will turn right into a feild becasue "The sat nav said so" and they don't want to ask for directions. On the whole, we've beome a race that doesn't know how to comunicate. It's a bit sad really.
~*~
Rant over. I made a friend today, He's call Frank, He was charming.

No comments: